Primo EM272Z1 Omni Electret Condenser Microphone
Omni Directional - Ultra low noise - High Sensitivity - Wide Dynamic range
- Signal to Noise ratio 80dB (Self Noise 14dBA)
- Sensitivity -28 dB (±3dB at 1kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa)
- Maximum input Sound Pressure Level 119 dB
- Also available with short wires pre-soldered
- Superb quality electret condenser microphone capsule, its extraordinarily low noise and high sensitivity makes this ideal for recording nature sounds, backgrounds and ambience.
- Ultra low noise - High Sensitivity - Wide Dynamic range - Omni Directional *Available as single capsules, matched pairs (2) or 4 matched
- This is Primo's replacement for the EM172-Z1 capsule. It is almost identical in specification and sound, importantly it has the same the high sensitivity and low noise. The maximum SPL is 3dB better than the EM172.
Should I use an EM272Z1 or EM273?
The EM272 and EM273 are physically identical, they share the same housing and diaphragm.
- The EM272Z1 has a 2 wire connection and is the easiest to use, it can be wired directly directly to most domestic recorders which have 3.5 mm microphone sockets and supply plug in power.
- The EM273 has a 3 wire connection, its the 3 wire version of the EM272. It has no internal resistor from the source to ground, if you add a 100 ohm resistor between source and ground on the EM273 its identical to the EM272, of course you can select a higher value for less sensitivity.
- These electret capsules have solder pads for electrical connection.
- The FET is mounted within the case and can be damaged by overheating or over voltage.
- We recommend use of a low power or temperature controlled soldering iron (for instance 18 watts) and to keep contact of the iron to the pad as brief as possible.
- Please see our brief video demonstrating the ideal way to solder these capsules Soldering Primo EM272Z1 Capsules
- We also supply the capsules with pre-soldered wires item FC012 etc
You might also like