DIY Kit of Parts with Stereo matched Primo EM272Z1 and Figure of 8 Cable
- Includes Basic wiring diagram
- Neutrik 3.5 mm Stereo Straight Plug: 6mm diameter
- Figure of Eight Cable length 1.4, 3 or 10 metres
- 10 cm of Black, 1.6mm Heatshrink Sleeving to cover exposed wire
- Alternately our Module Primo EM272 module is available.
- Also Kit with 2 x 1.5 metre Mogami cable version is available.
You must have the equipment listed below and some soldering knowledge before you start.
- A small tip soldering iron and solder intended for electronic use.
- Fine electronics wire cutters and strippers.
- A means of holding the capsules and the plug whilst soldering.
- A steady hand.
A pack of parts to make a stereo microphone. This pack does not include any housing for the microphone capsule, this is for you to arrange, the internet will show you lots of solutions, plastic, copper or brass tube, the capsules can be epoxied to a flat plate to produce a boundary microphone, they can be fixed to glasses, mounted on headphones, concealed in clothing - its all down to you.
The completed microphone requires Plug-in Power to work. This is provided on the microphone socket of most recorders, cameras and PC's. On some devices this will need to be switched in a menu. Please note that this pack is supplied with a basic wiring diagram.
You might also like