Electro Pickup: XLR
- Electromagnetic Pickup for listening to the inaudible sounds emitted by electronic and electrical equipment.
- 1700 turns of fine copper wire pick up signals from electrical appliances
- Laptops, mobile phones, displays and other devices all make their own fascinating noises which can be heard using this pickup
- A version with 3.5 mm plug version is available
The Electromagnetic Pickup lets you listen to the inaudible sounds generated by the electronic and electrical devices around us. It is a whole new experience as you discover the noises made by tablets, LED lights, routers, broadband adapters and many other common electrical items.
The Electro Pickup has suction cups to secure the pickups in place on devices for long term listening, monitoring and recording.
- Does not require phantom power, phantom power will not damage the pick up coil.
- Mono 1 metre screened cable
- 1700 turns of 40 AWG copper
- DC resistance 270 Ω
- Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Suction cup diameter: 22 mm
- Height: 24 mm
- Neutrik black male XLR with gold plated pins
Is this a telephone pickup? It can certainly be used as one, inside it has a large very sensitive copper wire bobbin (see picture) with a steel core. The bobbin has 1700 turns of 40 AWG fine enamelled copper wire. We do not wind these ourselves, we modify and optimise them for them so they perform best as Electromagnetic Pickups. We fit screened cable and a quality Neutrik XLR with gold plated pins.
You might also like