FEL Mini MicBooster Preamp
- 20 dB clean, low noise, in line gain.
- Phantom powered microphone preamp which also passes phantom on to the microphone.
- No batteries, no power required
- 2 input connector options available
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
Phantom powered mic preamp with phantom passed on to the microphone.
2 input connector options available, standard and extended female XLR
- Superb audio quality, ruler flat frequency response, low noise.
- 20 dB gain
- No batteries, no mains, no switches, knobs, presets or controls
- Pocket size
- Tough Neutrik alloy case, gold plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Operates from 12-48 V phantom power
- Input (female XLR) connector options:
- Standard - accepts a cable mounted standard XLR
- Extended - can be connected directly to a microphone or panel monted XLR
- Gain 20 dB fixed
- Gain Accuracy ±0.5 dB
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.25 dB, 150 ohm source
- Equivalent input noise (EIN) -115 dBu at 20 dB gain, 150 ohm source, flat weighting, 20 Hz - 20 KHz
- Output clipping level -10 dBu with 600 ohm load
- Input clipping level -30 dBu at 20 dB gain 600 ohm load
- Input - electronically balanced, 1K ohm input impedance
- Polarity - input to output is non inverting, polarity is preserved
- Output - electronically balanced 200 ohm output impedance
- Powered from 12 to 48 volt phantom power (DIN 45 596).
- The amplifier is equipped with self sensing power circuitry and depending on the source microphone will adjust between the following worst case scenarios:
- For a phantom powered mic requiring maximum current there will be a phantom voltage drop of 2.6 volts and no shunt current used; for a non phantom powered mic there will be a phantom voltage drop of 2.6 volts and a shunt current of less than 1.5 mA.
- Strong Neutrik extruded aluminium case with laser engraved legend.
- Internal circuitry encapsulated for robustness and maximum moisture resistance.
- Connectors all Neutrik gold plated 3 pin XLR.
- Pin 1 -ground
- Pin 2 - signal + (hot)
- Pin 3 - signal - (cold)
Dimensions and weight:
Standard Mini MicBooster
- 78 mm (l) x 26 mm (w) x 31 mm (h), 88 grams
- 3.07” (l) x 1.02” (w) x 1.22” (h), 3.1 ounces
Extended Female XLR Mini Mini MicBooster
- 83 mm (l) x 26 mm (w) x 31 mm (h), 93 grams
- 3.25” (l) x 1.02” (w) x 1.22” (h), 3.4 ounces
The preamplifier is designed to boost low level mic signals before they go into the microphone input of a recorder or sound mixer. It is not designed for and should not be used to amplify a signal to line level. At levels above -10 dBu distortion will begin to occur. A typical situation may be an effects mic which would normally have 60 db of gain at the mixer. Instead the mixer gain could be reduced to 40 dB with 20 dB provided close to the microphone by the Mini MicBooster.
The preamplifier is best positioned as close to the microphone as possible, in this way the maximum signal to noise benefit will be achieved.
It is powered from 12 to 48 volt phantom power which is normally switchable on the microphone input of most professional recorders and mixers. It cannot be used with other forms of microphone power.
What's inside the Mini MicBooster?
A unique electronic design on a small PCB designed made and assembled in the UK.
You might also like