Clippy XLR EM272Z1 Matched Stereo Pair
The manual can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
The Clippy EM272 XLR uses the acclaimed Primo EM272Z1 capsule, made in Japan. This capsule is extremely low noise (typical 14 dBA self noise) and high sensitivity (-28 dB).
Our own unique electronic design provides a regulated 8 volts to the capsule whether the unit is powered from 12, 24 or 48 volt phantom
1.5 m fully screened flexible but strong Mogami cable
NEUTRIK black metal XLR with gold plated pins
A pair of Clippy Clips Type B included
12 volt operation to help increase battery life on portable recorders.
Available as stereo pairs with matched sensitivity
The EM272 capsule is used extensively by ASMR artists where it's low noise and high sensitivity make it really shine.
- Microphone Capsule: Primo EM272 Z1
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure operated
- Directional Pattern: Omni directional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB at 1 kHz
- Self Noise: 14 dB-A
- Clipping SPL: 120 dB SPL at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: -28 dB +/- 3dB at 1 kHz (0 dB = 1V/Pa)
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB -A
- Output Impedance: 1.4 k ohms
- Power Requirement: Phantom power, 12-48V
- Current Consumption: 0.9 mA
- Cable: 1.5 metres, Shielded balanced Mogami 2697 cable
- Output Connector: XLR Male, Neutrik, gold plated pins
- Microphone enclosure Dimensions : 11.8 mm x 25 mm
- Weight: 49g (1.7 oz), per microphone
There is a small family of Clippy EM272Z1 microphones as below:
With 3.5 mm plugs, requiring Plug-in Power:
- Mono Clippy - with straight stereo moulded plug, the mic signal is fed to both left and right channels
- Stereo Clippy - with right angle stereo metal plug - a Matched Pair of Clippy mics
- Stere Module - with straight stereo moulded plug - a Matched Pair of Clippy mics
- Stere Module - with right angle stereo metal plug moulded - a Matched Pair of Clippy mics
- Smart Mono Clippy - with straight TRRS moulded plug suitable for use with mobile phones and some laptop computers.
With XLR plugs and requiring phantom power:
- Mono - a single mono Clippy microphone with a 3 pin male XLR
- Stereo - pair of matched XLR Clippy mics, each with a 3 pin male XLR
- Quad - 4 matched XLR Clippy mics, each with a 3 pin male XLR
Say Hello to Binaural Bill. Bill uses our Clippy XLR mics to create great binaural recordings, you can read all about him here.
"The Clippy XLR EM272Z1 is 6 dB more sensitive and 8 dB lower in noise than a DPA4060 for a fraction of the price, what's not to like!" GH, London
Plugging in these small and “cheap” microphones put a big grin on my face. Great build quality and very quiet when used with my Sound Devices mixer/recorder. Mats O, Sweden http://www.trampljud.se/
What's in the box:
- 2 x Clippy XLR Microphones with Clips
You might also like