Primo EM258 6mm Omni Electret Capsule
- Signal to Noise ratio 74dB (Self Noise 20dBA)
- Sensitivity -32 dB (+/- 3dB at 1kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa)
- Operating Voltage 3 V (1.5-10 V)
- Useful Ultrasonic response
- Mono Module & Mono Clippy is available
Primo suggests the EM258 as a possible replacement for the Panasonic WM-61A.
They are different capsules with different specifications as summarised in the table below, the figures are from the respective manufacturers specifications.
Please note the EM258 is not suitable for the "Linkwitz modification".
Sensitivity: EM258 -32±3dB WM61A -34±4dB
S/N Ratio: EM258 74dB WM61A 62dB
While the EM258 is used mainly for receiving audible signals it is not limited to these frequencies. Like the now discontinued Panasonic WM-61A it has a useful ultrasonic response extending up to 95 kHz. We have done some tests and the EM258 performance exceeds that of the Panasonic WM-61A. Graphs to follow.
You might also like