3.5mm TRS to TRRS Microphone Adapter
- 3.5mm 3 Pole TRS Female to 4 Pole TRRS Male Microphone Adapter
- This adapter lets you connect a standard microphone to a mobile phone headset socket.
- It works with all modern phones which have a headset socket.
- This cable does the same job as the SC4 adapter
- Gold plated contacts, screened cable.
A word about mobile phones, the headset socket on all modern mobiles is 3.5 mm TRRS (tip, ring, ring, sleeve). The microphone signal on this plug uses just one contact and is therefore mono.
All our microphones have stereo TRS plugs for conventional audio and video recorders.
You cannot record a stereo signal through the headset socket on a mobile phone.
This adapter enables use of a mono mic, like our Mono Clippy's, with a mobile phone. If you use a stereo microphone only the left channel of that mic will be recorded.
If you are having problems with your mic on Android we recommend Mic Test which will confirm that the phone has recognised an external mic is connected, you can also make a short recording.
You might also like